Sparks bump campaign
We are very excited to announce the launch of our bump campaign, raising crucial awareness for children’s medical research.
As part of our first ever campaign, Sparks ‘bump’ adverts are spanning 100 London underground stations from 17th September so keep your eyes peeled for them.
The bump campaign is highlighting a severe lack of funding into paediatric research. Currently over 3000 babies die before their first birthday every year in the UK. We want to change this.
Sparks Chief Executive John Shanley explains, “The aim of this campaign is to make people aware of the need for more funding into conditions and disabilities affecting babies and children. Almost all of the current UK healthcare spend is for the benefit of adults, but much of this spend could be avoided if more was done in the early years of life.”
“Every parent’s hope is for a healthy child and much more can be done to help them realise that hope. Too many children are dying in early childhood and many face a lifetime of health problems. If we don’t increase our investment into paediatric research now, we are guaranteeing that thousands of children will continue to experience lifelong complications, with adult healthcare costs remaining a massive burden for future generations.”
As well as the London underground advertisements, in October the bump campaign will spread nationwide as our advertisements will be featured at a range of National Rail sites across the country.
See all versions of the advert here
To celebrate the launch of the bump campaign we have a lot of very exciting activities planned, like our Twitter Q&A with our researcher Dr Ryan Pink. We would love for you to be a part of the campaign, so do make sure you keep checking the website and our social media sites for more information. If you have any questions or would like to get stuck in, email email@example.com.
There are loads of ways you can get involved with Sparks and be a part of this campaign, helping us raise more awareness for our cause:
- Join us on Facebook and Twitter. From debates and polls to quirky pictures, there is plenty going on in our social spheres and we need your help to spread the word.
- Share your story with us. The reason for this campaign is to look after the health of babies, children and mums-to-be. If you have a story that you can share with us about your own family or fundraising experience, we would love to hear from you, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Fundraise for us. From climbing Kilimanjaro to playing a round of golf, we’ve got your fundraising sorted. Your funds will be spent on pioneering research and together we can make a difference to many children and their families in the future
- Talk about us – if you like what we’re doing talk about it to your friends, share it to your networks or shout about it in your blog.
- Support us in your local area by putting up posters, volunteering or fundraising, email our regional fundraising team for more information at email@example.com
- Help us in our mission to fund more vital paediatric research by making a donation
Watch the Sparks video
FInd out more about our research and who we help by watching this short film.