SUP, Kayak or Canoe 12 miles on a closed Thames River.
Paddle through the heart of London as you raise vital funds for children’s medical research.
Will you help make a difference to the lives of critically ill children and their families?
About the event
Join Team Sparks for this brand new, one-of-a-kind event. Taking over the Thames for one day only, you’ll enjoy:
- A closed river – no other boats or vessels, no tide and no interruptions
- SUP, kayak or canoeing 12 miles through the heart of London
- Taking on a challenge and testing your physical limits
- Bringing your own SUP, canoe or kayak OR get in touch to discuss hiring a vessel
- Celebrating the environment through sport
- Taking on a one-of-a-kind challenge for Sparks, raising vital funds for ground-breaking children’s medical research
- SUPs – take on the ‘Big Ben’ route; loop from Putney to Big Ben and back
- Kayaks and Canoes – paddle the Thames from Hammersmith to Greenwich
Charity Sponsored Places – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
- SUP (individual) – £35 reg fee + £400 in fundraising
- Canoe (individual) – £35 reg fee + £350 in fundraising
- Canoe (2 person) – £50 reg fee + £600 in fundraising (per team of 2)*
*When registering a canoe team of two, the first team member to register will be required to pay the team reg fee in total. You will then receive a 100% off discount code in your confirmation email for your team mate to use when registering to your team.
Why Join Team Sparks?
Every moment counts. Your support could help change the lives of tens of thousands of children with rare and complex conditions in the UK.
With limited spaces, this is your chance to support Sparks and take part in an iconic event – there’s nothing else like it!
As part of Team Sparks, you’ll receive a complimentary charity T-shirt, fundraising advice and unlimited support from our Challenge Events team.
Already have your own place in the event?
Use your place to join Team Sparks and help fund pioneering child health research. As you have your own place, there’s no minimum sponsorship target – we only ask that you raise what you can! We’ll support you every step of the way, and you’ll be inspired to make every mile count for children with rare or complex conditions.
Email challenge@Sparks.org.uk to register your place with Team Sparks.