SUP, Kayak or Canoe 12 miles on a closed Thames River.
Paddle through the heart of London as you raise vital funds for children’s medical research.
Will you take on the challenge and help make a difference to the lives of critically ill children and their families?
About the event
Join Team Sparks for this brand new, one-of-a-kind event. Taking over the Thames for one day only, you’ll enjoy:
- A closed river – no other boats or vessels, no tide and no interruptions
- Testing your physical limits and celebrating London's beautiful environment through sport
- Bringing your own SUP, canoe or kayak OR get in touch to discuss hiring a vessel
- Taking on a one-of-a-kind challenge for Sparks, raising vital funds for ground-breaking children’s medical research
- Kayaks (K1) and SUPs – take on the 'London Crossing', paddling the Thames from Hammersmith to Greenwich
- Double Canoe - enjoy the 'Big Ben' route; loop from Putney to Big Ben and back
Charity Sponsored Places – with have limited spaces, so avoid missing out and secure your place today!
- SUP (individual) – £35 reg fee + £400 in fundraising
- Kayak (individual) – £35 reg fee + £350 in fundraising
- Canoe (2 person) – £50 reg fee + £600 in fundraising (per team of 2)*
* When registering a canoe team of two, the first team member to register will be required to pay the team registration fee in total. To avoid a second payment, the second team member will complete their registration over the phone by calling the Challenge Events Team on 0203 841 3164.
Our 2020 Event
Sunday 20th September is the provisional date for 2020 given to us by Regatta London.
Registrations for 2020 will open soon.
To register your interest and be the first to hear when registrations open, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Join Team Sparks?
Every moment counts. Your support could help change the lives of tens of thousands of children with rare and complex conditions in the UK.
With limited spaces, this is your chance to support Sparks and take part in an iconic event – there’s nothing else like it!
As part of Team Sparks, you’ll receive a complimentary charity T-shirt, fundraising advice and unlimited support from our Challenge Events team.
Already have your own place in the event?
Use your place to join Team Sparks and help fund pioneering child health research. As you have your own place, there’s no minimum sponsorship target – we only ask that you raise what you can! We’ll support you every step of the way, and you’ll be inspired to make every mile count for children with rare or complex conditions.
Email challenge@Sparks.org.uk to register your place with Team Sparks.